Ask Your Care Provider

Care Providers are not required to provide transportation for Care Recipients and IHSS does not pay for any travel expenses to and from appointments. However, if you would like your Care Provider to provide transportation for you, this is a good topic to discuss during the interview process. You may want to ask about driving availability and negotiate reimbursement for gas and other travel expenses.


Vivalon helps Marin County’s older adults and vulnerable residents thrive through the power of human connection with rides, meals, classes, care, advice and more. Please call 415-454-1098 for more information or visit their site at 

Other Transportation Services

The following are links for other transportation services in the Bay Area:
  • Marin Transit Information on buses in Marin County, community shuttles and the West Marin Stagecoach.
  • Golden Gate Transit Information on Marin County buses and the Intercounty Bus Service. Also information on ferries to San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge.
  • Golden Gate Regional Center Information on services provided by the Regional Center for people with disabilities.
  • North Bay Taxi Coop Taxi provider in Marin with an accessible cab.
  • Metropolitan Transportation Commission Oversees transportation in the nine Bay Area Counties. Information on meetings / legislation and funding surrounding transportation.
  • County of Marin Health and Human Services, Division on Aging and Adult Services Contact information for the division and a description of current projects.
  • Marin Access Travel Navigators 3000 Kerner Blvd, San Rafael, CA 94901 [p] (415) 454-0902 //
Here are a few links for more information: Paratransit – STAR – VDP – Link to a Brochure Printout –          files/Marin_Access_At-A-Glance_English.pdf
Scroll to Top
Skip to content