As the county and country continue to face the public health threat and restrictions of COVID-19, Marin County Health and Human Services is collaborating with several local agencies to expand safe access to healthy food for those in need and to increase community awareness and access of existing food resources.
To identify a variety of food resources, people can find the most comprehensive and up-to-date food resources in their local area by visiting: https://foodlocator.sfmfoodbank.org/
Information on food resources and other services and assistance specifically for older adults (age 60 and over) and persons with disabilities, email 457-INFO@marincounty.org or call 415-457-INFO.
If seniors or individuals with a disability do feel comfortable continue to visit their local grocery store, some stores are holding special hours to shop:
- Costco (Novato): Tuesday and Thursday – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m
- Nugget Markets (Novato, Corte Madera and Tiburon): 7 a.m daily
- Safeway: Tuesday and Thursday – 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Target: Wednesday – 8 a.m
- Whole Foods: 8 a.m – 9 a.m daily